Market Data Charts Training
Make sure you've been added to the IDT user list - to get on the list go to iSite and submit an access request.
Step By Step Guide
- Step 1: Log into iSite, and click on 'Create New->Market Data Charts' (top-right):
- Step 2: Add a name for your chart:
- Step 3: Click the 'Launch Market Data Chart Builder' link in the 'Chart Builder' box:
- Step 4: In the new window, choose your required Stock Exchange:
Step 5: Enter a company name or ticker symbol:
Choose a company from the list if necessary:
You must then click the search button.
- Step 6: After clicking the search button, your chart will be generated:
- Step 7: If you're happy with your chart, click 'Save and Exit' in the top-right (see screenshot above). You will be returned to iSite.
Step 8: You should now create an image of your chart.
Click on the 'Launch image generator' link:
You should see the Image Generator building your chart image:
When complete, you should see your chart. You can now close the Image Generator and return to iSite.
You should now see a URL to an image in the 'Image Generator' box, as below:
- Step 9: Now you can copy the 'Include Path', to put into a CPS page later:
Step 10: Now in CPS, add an 'Include File' to your page:
Paste the include path from iSite into the 'Web' field, then put a name in the Title field.
You should now have an IDT Market Data chart included in your CPS page.
Using Market Data charts
Create charts based on stock market data.
The IDT Market Data tool allows journalists to generate market data charts for the following stock exchanges: London, Paris, New York and Frankfurt.
Some example Market Data charts are shown below.